New Hire Employment Package
Welcome To Surry County Public Schools!
As a new employee with Surry County Public Schools you will be required to complete the following forms. In addition, all school employees are required to complete a background check. Before having fingerprints taken, individuals must report to Surry County Public Schools Human Resources Office with the following Money Orders or Certified Checks.
Please complete these forms in a timely manner and return all forms to the Human Resources Department at the School Board Office.
- EMPLOYEE DATA SHEET
- W-4 & VA-4 WITHHOLDING CERTIFICATES
- EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY VERIFICATION
A. Complete Section I
B. Provide a copy of your drivers license and social security card or birth certificate
- PHYSICAL FORM AND TB TEST CERTIFICATE
A. As a new returing employee, you are required to have a basic physical and TB
B. Surry County Public Schools does not pay for physical or TB Screening
- PHYSICIAN'S CERTIFICATE (SCHOOL BUS DRIVER'S ONLY)
- CRIMINAL HISTORY RECORD REQUEST (report to HR to receive this form)
A. Please resent a $37 money order made payable to Surry County Public Schools to
cover the cost of fingerprinting.
B. Present the completed request form to the Surry Sheriff's Department for
authorization of fingerprinting. Once the form is signed by a deputy, return a copy
to Human Resources at the School Board Office.
- REQUEST FOR SEARCH FOR CENTRAL REGISTRY
A. Please complete parts II and III and have part III notarized. There are several
notaries within the School Board Office that can complete this for you.
B. Please present a $10 money order made payable to the Virginia Department of
Social Services to accompany this form. It will be mailed from the School Board
- ADMINISTRATION/TEACHERS ONLY - LICENSURE FORM
A. Please complete and return to the School Board Office
- ADMINISTRATION/TEACHERS ONLY - VERIFICATION OF EXPERIENCE
A. Please complete this form so it can be forwarded to your former employer(s).
- DIRECT DEPOSIT (Voided Check)
A. If you decide not to open a checking or saving account with a financial
institution your finds will be deposited on a Rapid Pay Visa Card.
- HEALTH INSURANCE PARTICIPATION LETTER (enrollment form available upon request)
- BENEFICIARY FORM & BENEFICIARY-CONTINUATION FORM
*In addition to completing the forms above, please bring the following with you to
- Two forms of identification (social security and drivers license)
Please Note: The above documents are links or PDF's. To obtain the free version of Adobe Reader please click on the link http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html to download now.